Today’s blog post is brought to you by our Search Engine Optimization expert, Richard Contreras.
Organic SEO is a strategy of using targeted phrases to direct the search engines toward your content. The techniques for doing this vary, from “on-page” to “off-page” SEO.
On-page SEO involves using assorted keyword phrases within the content you publish, such as titles, headers, images, and the page URLs. We will also focus attention on your “Meta data”, the information that exists “behind the scenes” of each page, but which the search engines use to identify and rank your content.
Of course, variations of your targeted phrases will also be used within the text you create, as well.
Off-page SEO focuses on increasing the authority of your website through the act of getting links from other websites; a completely different strategy.
How We Can Help
The most important step to begin an effective organic SEO strategy is to perform keyword research and analysis. Finding high-value phrases that identify your website as a source for information in your niche is critical in bringing the search engines, and an audience, to you. Since any number of phrases may be available to help you define your subject and purpose, it’s important to determine which phrases offer the greatest potential for bringing visitors to your website.
There are multiple levels of research we can perform for you:
- Basic Research – The keyword research we perform on your behalf is designed to discover related phrases that are actually being searched, offer potential for traffic to your website, and have manageable competition from other websites. Basic research is very much about raw numbers, how many searches, how much traffic you might see, and how much competition there is from other websites. (This normally takes about 5 hours)
- Advanced Research and Analysis – The advanced keyword analysis we perform is a phrase-by-phrase examination of the basic list, designed to determine which of the phrases we discover present the greatest opportunities for moving up on the search engine results page (SERPs) for each phrase. Advanced research and analysis on the other hand, provides you with valuable information on how easy or difficult it will be to move into the Top Ten in the search results, for each phrase we find for you. (This normally takes about 10 hours)
- Website SEO Audit – An overall evaluation of how well your website has been optimized for the search engines, with recommendations for improvement of the SEO for each page, your Meta data, and other on-page factors that impact how the search engines rank your website in the search results (SERPs). (This normally takes about 3 hours)
- Optimize Meta data – We will perform page-by-page optimization of the data that exists “behind the scenes” on your website pages, information that informs the search engines of the nature of the content you publish and which they use to help them rank you in the search results (SERPs). This can also be done for your blog posts. (This normally takes approximately 1.5 hours per 10 pages/posts)
Using your keywords for effective SEO
Once this research and analysis have been completed, the results can be used to:
- Use as post and article titles, and use variations of the keywords as categories and tags in blog posts.
- Use variations of the keywords as Section Headers within posts, such as H1, H2, H3, etc.
- Use variations of the keywords in Meta Titles, Meta Descriptions, and as Meta Tags.
- Create FAQ page on website about the topics.
- Use in descriptions and content in your social media sites (posts, pictures, videos, about, etc.)
- Use in descriptions on content sharing sites.
- Create an eBook using each keyword phrase as individual chapters.
- Convert an eBook into video and post on YouTube, and use the keyword in the title and within the description.
- Pair with a calendar event to draw additional traffic, and create post or other content.
- Include them in press releases in a natural way, but use a keyword in the PR subject/title.
- Use as topics in Blog Talk Radio sessions, Podcasts, Webinars, etc.
Benefits of organic SEO
While offering no guarantees of placement in the search results, organic SEO is a proven strategy for gaining the attention of the search engines and bringing traffic to your website. It is cost-effective and, once a list of keywords has been developed and the techniques have been learned, is fairly simple to implement. However, it is not an overnight solution. It requires patience and a commitment to consistently implement the strategies and techniques outlined above.
Compared to pay-per-click advertising, however, organic SEO has two great benefits: it is less expensive and your placing in the search results will hold greater value with your target audience (since they tend to heavily discount the paid ads seen in the search results).
If you have more questions, or would like to proceed with a new SEO strategy, please click here to schedule a free call.