Last time we talked about your ideal client. Now you have to understand where they are in their life and business and how your products and services can benefit them.
If you’re trying to sell something to the wrong market, it’s not going to work.
Is what you offer something your ideal client wants? Yes, I said wants… People buy what they want, not necessarily what they need. For example, your prospect may want more money, but what they need is to understand their value. However, they won’t buy how to understand their value. They’ll buy how to make more money.
When talking to your prospect (including sales copy on your landing page and emails), you want to move them from where they are before they use your product/service to where they would be after using your product/service.
Talk to them about the benefits. What’s in it for them?
Here are four key before and after questions that you may not have thought about. Take some time and work through these for each of your product offerings.
- What does your prospect have or don’t have before he/she used your product/service?
– What do he/she have or don’t have after?
- How does your prospect feel before he/she bought from you/worked with you?
– How does your client feel after?
- What is your prospect’s average day before he/she hired or bought from you?
– What is your client’s average day after?
- What is your prospect’s status before he/she hired you or bought from you?
– What is your client’s status after?
Now that you understand exactly how your prospect’s life can change by hiring you or buying from you, you can craft your message and sales copy to speak directly to him or her. Touch on all four points I just mentioned.
In fact, this should be the basis for your marketing funnel. Your lead magnet and any of your offerings should address these four before/after questions. They will be on different levels and you may have different products/offerings that have different before/after answers – and that’s okay.
Go through this exercise for each of your products/offerings.
Share with me below one of your main offerings and how it moves your clients from the before state to the after state.