How often have you thought “there’s just not enough time”? As entrepreneurs, we’ve got tons of ideas swimming around in our heads. We’ve also got tons of things we need to be doing to build successful businesses. We have clients we’re working with. How in the world do we ever accomplish it all, while still sleeping, still making money with our clients, and still enjoying our personal lives?
- Create systems for those everyday tasks. Automate where you can. Simplify the things that can be simplified. Doing these things will free up some time.
- Get help. Hire professionals who do what they do best, leaving you time to do what you do best! Don’t struggle with website changes, hire a Virtual Assistant. Don’t spend hours trying to set up a webform in Infusionsoft, hire a Virtual Assistant. Don’t change the oil in your car just because you can, hire a mechanic. Don’t try to fix your computer, hire a computer tech. Make good use of your time by hiring people who can help you.
- Hire a coach. Getting help also means hiring a coach to help you focus, streamline and stay on track. Hiring the right coach will help you grow your business exponentially. No one can do it alone! Even the most famous coaches have coaches! Many coaches have one-on-one coaching available or group coaching.
- Join a PAID program. There’s lots of great free information out there, but how committed are you if it’s free? If you’re paying for it, don’t you feel like you need to get the most out of it? I’ve recently joined a 6-week program on creating new revenue streams. We have weekly calls and homework in between. I’m committed. I’ve paid. I make sure to get my homework done and be a participant on the call. By having a coach or joining a program, you are held accountable!
- Set deadlines. And I’m not just talking about an arbitrary date on the calendar. For example, I began writing this post last week. At the time I started it, I had my new Infusionsoft Strategy Session on my site, but it needed some re-wording, some formatting, and I needed to finish my shopping cart installation. My blog has posted today, as well as my ezine announcing the new program, so I needed to have those items finished before the program officially launched, right? By committing myself to announcing the strategy session today, I’ve also committed myself to be done with it today. I also have clients who have new programs they launch before the entire program is written. They set a start date, they send out the announcements, they get sign ups and they are then committed to creating the content for their new program.
- Pick one and concentrate on it. I’ve got tons of ideas I want to do…videos, ongoing membership support, another strategy session, an ebook…just to name a few. I picked my Infusionsoft Strategy Session and focused on it. I’ll get it launched and then I’ll concentrate on the next one.
- It doesn’t have to be perfect! Unlike building a multimillion dollar building, your website, your ezine, your products and your offerings can evolve as you evolve. My website today is not the same website I had, heck, a month ago! My ezine definitely does not have the same look as the very first one I sent out (how awful it looked!). The programs and products you offer will change as you come across new problems you’re helping clients solve. It’s okay! Don’t struggle over finishing something because you’re looking for it to be perfect. As coach, client and mentor Carrie Greene says, “Done is better than perfect.”
I hope these seven tips will help you create new products, get things done, and grow your business! If you have any other suggestions, I’d love to hear them!