Hammers were invented to pound nails; screwdrivers to drive screws; and wrenches to tighten bolts and nuts. If you open your tool box, or that overflowing junk drawer we all have in our kitchens, only to discover nothing but a hammer when you need to drive screws and tighten bolts, you’re in big trouble. And so it goes with online marketing – for every job there is an appropriate tool.
Why use video marketing?
Though some online marketers would argue the point, nothing will ever replace the need for written text at a marketing site. However, as a tool for conveying vast amounts of information in a short amount of time, video has no equal; as images, text, and narration all come together to generate an incredibly powerful message for your viewer.
Just imagine how compelling your most-read blog post would become if you were narrating it over images of happy consumers using your products or services to overcome a particular problem. Add a call-to-action that impels them to seek your help, and you’ve created an all-in-one tool that pounds nails, drives screws, and tightens bolts at the same time.
Could anything be more powerful – or effective?
Benefits of marketing with video
When you employ video as part of your marketing strategy, you energize your own online reputation, creating increased interest and boosting traffic to your website. How does this happen?
- Rate your own performance – with the analytics provided by virtually all online video platforms, such as YouTube and Vimeo.
- Increase conversions – or make more sales, as online retailers claim that video presentations for their products boost sales by about 35%, on average.
- Improved SEO for your marketing site – because the search engines, led by Google who owns YouTube, have realized the value of video and have placed a heavy emphasis on it in the search results (SERPs).
- Easy integration on your site – with simplified plugins and other tools that allow you to embed video quickly and easily.
- An emotional connection with your visitor – with video as the tool for enhancing your link to each visitor, making it easier to appeal to their need to own exactly what you have to offer.
- Increased efficiency in marketing – with a powerful all-in-one tool, as compelling images and information flash before your viewers eyes, and your voice compels them to take action.
Your marketing video will quickly become the most effective, and efficient, tool you have within your tool box – or that junk drawer we mentioned earlier.
As with anything related to online marketing success, there is much more to say – and know – about video marketing. If you have questions, or would like professional help to create your own marketing video, get in touch with us today.