You know that feeling of overwhelm? There’s so much to do, and yet, you’re not moving forward. You have a new product to launch (or create), you have so much happening, and you’re just stuck.
- You’re procrastinating
- You’re overwhelmed
- You’re annoyed
It was easy when you had a job. You went to work, you had a boss, they told you what to do, and they gave you deadlines. Your job was on the line, so you met – and exceeded – those deadlines.
Now, as an entrepreneur, you’re your own boss and sometimes you’re just too lenient on yourself!
I know that feeling of overwhelm all too well! And I have clients who know the feeling.
Let’s make today the day to move past that overwhelm and get more done!
Here Are Six Tips to Help You Break Through and Move Forward:
- Do a brain dump of all those things in your head that you need to do. Go ahead… get them out of your head and onto paper. Don’t worry about the volume, just get them written down.
- Evaluate the list. Is there anything that isn’t relevant anymore that you can let go? Of what’s left, is there anything that is pretty quick and easy to do? Do them – or better yet – schedule a specific time to do them.
- Of the things on your to-do list that seem too massive (or you just don’t know where to start) break them down into bite-sized pieces. If you’ve got ‘create a new product’ on your to-do list, what steps will you need to take to get there? If updating your website is on the list, what’s the first step you need to take to accomplish this goal? Is it to read and revise your home page? Remember: One step at a time. How do you eat an elephant? Yep! One bite at a time.
- Schedule 30 minutes to an hour each day to work on the project. Treat yourself like a client and schedule the time to work on your business and move it forward.
- Get help! Join fellow entrepreneurs for a work day where you get together for the day and actually get things accomplished.
- If you have a really big project, consider bringing your assistant(s) in for an implementation day. I recently did this with a client, and we got so much done in that one day. It would have taken months of back and forth to do it virtually. In fact, don’t just take my word for it – listen to what she had to say!
How are you going to break through the overwhelm and get more done ? I’m interested to hear what’s working for you. Share with me below!