Does the thought of writing copy for your business intimidate you? Do you lose sleep at night wondering how you can write in your own voice and still entice prospects into becoming clients? Have you finally decided effective copywriting is just not part of your skillset?
You’re not alone!
There are innumerable entrepreneurs and business owners out there right now who are feeling overworked, overwhelmed, overstressed, and exhausted. When you feel like that, the thought of sitting down to write a compelling message about the products or services you offer can be just too much. There’s too much other stuff that needs your time, your energy, and your focus.
How can you write anything, let alone an effective marketing message, when there is too much that is demanding your attention?
Compelling Content Improves Your Marketing
And yet, somewhere in that wonderfully creative entrepreneurial brain of yours is the understanding that creating compelling content will improve your marketing and could even save your business. (We offer tips on writing copy without being too “salesy” here.)
Effective copywriting enables you to truly connect and engage with your target audience. It lets your prospects know you have something valuable to offer; a product or service that will help them in a specific way. It also sets you apart from your competition, enhances your reputation, and builds trust.
In other words… they will get to know, like, and trust you – instilling a type of faith that you have exactly what they need at this moment!
That’s a ‘Big Job’ and, if you are unable to create that copy, and you don’t have anyone on your team who can do it either, that’s OK. There are other solutions and help is available! (Here are more copywriting tips about focusing on benefits over features.)
Yes, we are here to help.
6 Principles of Effective Copywriting
First, we’d like to share the six principles of effective copywriting. This should make it easier for you to kickstart your efforts at creating the marketing copy you need. (If that doesn’t work, we have another solution ready to go. Wait for it …)
Effective copywriting and content creation follows six principles of persuasion: 1) reciprocity, 2) consistency, 3) consensus, 4) scarcity, 5) liking, and 6) authority. These principles have been scientifically proven to increase persuasion ethically.
- Reciprocity is feeling an obligation to give something in return when you receive a gift.
- Consistency is expected and appreciated in what we do and the things we say.
- Consensus (or Social Proof) is when people look to the actions, words, and behaviors of others to guide their own choices.
- Scarcity is the desire of wanting more of the things we either don’t or can’t have. (If you need an example, just think back to the spring of 2020 and the crazy run on toilet paper!)
- Liking …we are more likely to say “yes” to people or brands that we like. Strong relationships are essential to building your successful business.
- And finally, Authority … people instinctively trust and follow credible experts.
In the contemporary – and incredibly competitive – world of online marketing, every business can benefit from quality copywriting and content creation. In fact, 74% of companies said that copywriting and content creation increased both the quantity and quality of leads they receive. (Wait… We didn’t even mention lead generation! That’s OK, we have a post about that right here. Whew!)
Benefits of Outsourcing Copywriting
And that’s not the only way your company will benefit. Check out these statistics…
- Approximately 85% of businesses report that content creation increased consumer awareness.
- 80% of companies said that content creation increased their buyer/customer engagement.
- Over 75% said that content creation increased their SEO and/or web traffic.
At Your Online Marketing Team, we make content marketing and copywriting effective and easy. Our top-notch writers create custom content for your business with minimal effort on your part.
If you’re ready to take writing off of your long to-do list, our expert team of writers will craft valuable content for your email list, website, social media profiles, and more.
So, now you can take the chore of creating effective copywriting off your ‘To-Do List’ and throw it onto ours! Contact us today!
YOMT Copywriting Packages Now Available!
At Your Online Marketing Team, we make content marketing and copywriting effective and easy. When you purchase one of our Copywriting Packages, our top-notch writers create custom content for your business with minimal effort on your part. This means that you’ll be able to:
- Cross essential marketing tasks off of your busy “To-Do List”.
- Turn leads into paying customers faster.
- Increase lifetime customer value and attract more return buyers.
- Gain expert insights on what makes customers buy from you.
- Stop good prospects from falling through the cracks!
Invest in your Copywriting Package today by clicking the link below. Our expert team of writers will craft your valuable content to achieve your marketing goals with your email list, website, social media profiles, and more!